Sunday, March 10, 2013

Project: Javascript Widgets

Making javascript widgets is my favorite thing to do when I have some spare time online. I've made quite a few proverb-related widgets, and you can also see all my public widgets at my Schoolhouse Widgets blog. If you are looking at this blog in a web browser, you see some of the widgets in action in the sidebar.

I use Randy Hoyt's RotateContent.com tool to create the widgets. I've written up a blog post with step-by-step instructions for using this wonderful free tool!

Javascript widgets appeal to me so much because the content is dynamic - either appearing at random or based on the date. To me, this is the magic of the web... the computer is like a genie, delivering the content. I don't deliver the content: I just create the genie, and then the genie does all the work, with far more variety and consistency than I would be able to manage if I were having to babysit the content myself. Bring on the genies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

There is no CAPTCHA here (the captchas are just too hard!) ... but that means I have limited this comment box to Google Accounts only. You can also write me at laurakgibbs AT gmail DOT com.